Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Ripples and Ridges and Ribbing , Oh My!

The afternoon Chicks, Barbara, Kathleen, and me, were the only knitters today. Our evening group was otherwise occupied. But I'm sure wherever they were they were knitting, right ladies? LOL!

When Barbara started her work this afternoon she was almost done with a dorm slipper.
 By closing time she was finished and only had to seam the bottom sole and up the back. She used a sturdy acrylic yarn which will withstand lots of machine washing.
 This hat matches the scarf Kathleen brought in last week, you know, the pretty lacy scarf. The doubled brim will keep ears nice and warm.
Kathleen also brought in a finished cowl she made using a bulky yarn from Tahki Yarns. It's a lovely tweed.  
 I finished a scarf this week called Chinook. It used to be a free pattern on Ravelry but now is a purchase. I used Aslan Trends Invernal yarn. It's an angora and merino blend with a touch of nylon. Verrrry soft! Also very fluffy. You can tell by my red itchy eyes!
 After searching through my stitch pattern books I found a ripple stitch I liked to make a scarf using some stash yarn. I started it with the colorful yarn on the right, The Great Adirondack Yarn Company sock yarn. After a few inches I realized you couldn't really see the ripples so I knew I needed a contrasting yarn to highlight the pattern. Back into the stash I dove and pulled out the perfect Periwinkle Sheep Watercolors II sock yarn called Mallards by the Boathouse. I think it's a perfect blend of colors.
I love it when an idea works!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Oh that's cool! It all is, but I really like how the Mallards played in the Adirondack mountains there.