Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Visit from The Ninja and His Brother the Power Ranger and Our Final Tally

This weekend my DD and the grands came for a visit in their Halloween costumes. Catwoman, the Ninja, and the red Power Ranger joined us for the annual Halloween Party where they were quite entertaining.
 We had to keep breaking up the boys but they had some good moves! And this was before they had a ton of candy and cookies!!!
This afternoon my Chicks helped label everything for delivery to the homeless women veterans. Hopefully, we will be able to make the drop off next week. Arrangements still have to be verified.
Some last minute additions to the inventory were Kathleen's Reversible Stripes Scarf and...
 her matching heathered hat and scarf.
 Kathleen started a Boomerang Scarf for a future donation. She doesn't like working with fingering weight yarn but it's looking beautiful!
 I finished Through the Woods which I was planning on keeping for myself. Unfortunately, I wasn't crazy about how it looked on me even though I was pleased with how it knitted up. In addition, I found the wool too itchy for my sensitive skin so I will be donating this lovely hood.
 Elaine started a cowl using this pretty heathered rose colored yarn. The basket weave stitching is complimentary to this yarn and has nice stitch definition.
 My evening Chicks finished labeling the last few items and then we categorized and photographed them.
 There were cowls, hats, scarves, mittens,
 socks, tote bags, and vests. We had a grand total of 84! There is really more if you count each of the mittens and socks and count matching sets individually. Great job ladies!
 When the counting was done we picked up the needles and got to work. Carole started another cowl.
Beth started a pair of mittens. 
 And Dorah was going to make a cowl with these lovely colors. Unfortunately, the pattern called for bulky weight yarn and this was DK weight at best. On to Plan B.
 I designed a cowl pattern which is almost finished. I will be writing up the directions and putting it up for sale on Ravelry soon. 
First I need it to be test knitted and then I can post. I'll let you know when it's ready.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Wow wow and wow. You guys are amazing, as always.

And the little boys steal the show! There's nothing like cute grandsons.