Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

That was enough of a break

Last week I did very little knitting but I didn't abandon it altogether. I just didn't knit in my usual spot. I was on...
The NCL Breakaway on a cruise to the Bahamas! My husband insisted (ok, it didn't take much arm twisting) that I get some sunshine before I drove him crazy and we thought this would be a great way to break up the dull, cloudy weather here in the Northeast. 
We were able to soak up 3 whole days of sunshine and now that I'm back home, I am hearing some spring songs from the birds. So I guess springtime can't be too far off in the future.
When I returned home I got right back to work on the Sunnyside cardigan and I'm finishing up the sleeves on a magic loop (even though the video is for socks you can adapt to make sleeves), both at the same time. This is a great way to assure that your decreases are in exactly the same place on both sleeves without having to take notes.
While I was away Kathleen was busy making a matching set. She needs to find some cute buttons for her Baby Surprise Jacket and then the set will be added to our inventory.
Her Cabin Fever jacket is finished with an eclectic mix of buttons, each one has a different pattern. It looks so cute!
Her next project is a pattern from her Knitting Calendar.
Almost everyday of the year is a new knitting pattern. Some patterns are long enough to overlap a couple of days. This is going to be sweet.
Elaine's Mistake Stitch Scarf is slowly growing in length plus she started a hat for our baby clothes project.
Cinzia had to work on a personal project so she could meet a deadline. This baby blanket is knit in modular sections and then....
the blocks will be assembled into a large blanket. It's going to be so cute, just like a quilt.
Carole finished blocking her cabled Sunnyside cardigan. Great job Carole! Those cables look complicated but it's not difficult at all. It just requires a little concentration until you reach the underarms and then you can breeze through to the end.
This week she started another baby sweater in a pretty soft green using Berroco Comfort, an acrylic and nylon blend that gives great stitch definition.
This is the sweater pattern and that yarn will show up the details beautifully.
Dorah almost finished the first sleeve of her baby hoodie with a few pattern adjustments. This is going to be so cute!
Her other project shows the importance of using the recommended yarn and gauge in a pattern. To look at this sweater it is perfect for a toddler. However, Dorah was planning on knitting a newborn size. Upon closer examination, we totally missed the notation that suggested the yarn be DK weight and so she used a worsted weight yarn. Now there's nothing wrong with the proportions of this sweater EXCEPT that Dorah was hoping to make a newborn size. So she is going to finish this and start another in DK weight and see how that goes.
Well, I have a bunch of errands and chores to catch up on. Yeah, right! I'm going to knit but don't tell anyone! 

No comments: